Mini Class NA Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 01:35:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2457 Posts in 367 Topics by 205 Members
Latest Member: robert suhay
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Mini Class NA Forum
|-+  General Category
| |-+  2010-Mini Friendly Races
| | |-+  The Border Run 2010
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Border Run 2010  (Read 1537 times)
sr

View Profile WWW
« on: January 19, 2010, 11:42:07 PM »

Hi,

I've just joined The Border Run (http://www.theborderrun.org). It should be a fun downwind race. Starting on April 24th from Newport Beach to San Diego.
I know it's probably too far and too short for everybody, but hopefully this shows that more and more 'long distance' races are open to Minis... Two course a 90 miles one (rounding the Coronado Islands, MX) and a short 69nm one.
And, just in case, 2 boats constitute a class... ;-)
Emma

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 11:36:12 AM »

Santi-  That actually fits into a big month-long hole in the shorthanded racing up here around the Bay....   I've been thinking about doing a run down the coast to shake out all the last minute fixes before PacCup.

Are you single-handing?   I could be convinced....   Smiley
sr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 10:25:08 PM »

Hola Emma,

OK, let me try: Singlehanded. Short course (so we don't need Mexican waters insurance). It should be easy and fun. And I could try to get some time off to go north earlier so we could spent a couple of days sailing around LA area (may be Catalina and back or something like that) before the race (but that is work dependent). 574 is faster than 714, but it should be quite fun anyway...

I just got an email that, for boats between 18 to 23 feet, entry fee is $69 if we sign up before March 1st ($99 otherwise).

Ah, the party in San Diego should be pretty good!

Did I convince you? ;-)

Anybody else?
Emma

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 03:27:16 PM »

Just about  Smiley  I've got to work out some logistic details, but I think 574 and 714 should get another chance to hang out in the water, rather than just on a ship.  And you can't beat that entry fee...   It would mean pulling my boat out and taking it apart in San Diego for the drive back north again.   Is there anywhere down there I can do that on my own (free labor) rather than having to pay a yard to do it?
sr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 12:05:18 AM »

Totally agree, and chasing each other on the water will be fantastic!

I believe at Driscoll marina in Mission Bay (where I keep 714) you can work yourself on the boat, but you may need to pay for the hoist...
Evodio (techmar@earthlink.net) is a very nice guy and should be able to answer all your questions and/or point you to the right place/person. Just tell him you'll be bringing a friend of 714... ;-)

Other than that I'm not sure... unless you could get into a YC...
Emma

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 03:00:29 PM »

It looks like I'm not going to be able to make it happen- it's not really part of the budget right now  Sad   I bet it's a blast though and can't wait to hear about it.
osc007

U.S. Builder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 01:57:30 PM »

Sr.

How did the Border Run go for you? I was racing on my Open 6.50 but with all the boats at the start, I could not spot you!

jerome
Future Pogo 2 racer.
Currently races open 5.70 and open 6.50
sr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 10:50:17 PM »

Hi Jerome,

You probably didn't see me... because I couldn't make it! I had problems with my rudders when I was on my 'delivery' sail north to LA area, so I had to sail back home... and took me the whole race day to fix it! Pretty sad I missed it, actually.

Slowly fixing everything that has to break as new...

Santi
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: