Mini Class NA Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 05:54:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2457 Posts in 367 Topics by 205 Members
Latest Member: robert suhay
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Mini Class NA Forum
|-+  General Category
| |-+  2010-Mini Friendly Races
| | |-+  PSSA and advertising
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: PSSA and advertising  (Read 571 times)
sr

View Profile WWW
« on: November 10, 2009, 11:01:11 PM »

Hi all,

As I posted on another thread, PSSA (Pacific Singlehanded Sailing Association, http://www.pssala.com based in Marina del Rey, CA) welcomes the minis to their races (singlehanded or doublehanded). Including 'Bishop Rock' (165 miles) and 'Guadalupe Island' (596 miles) in 2010. Both of them nice preparation for whatever ticket you buy to get to Hawaii this summer.

Until here nothing new, and I know there has not been too much enthusiasm, but I just keep lobbying about it.  ;-)

But, I 'just' (a few weeks ago actually, I've been way to slow to post) learn that "PSSA's charter is for strictly non-commercial competition, and advertising is prohibited (Cat A under ISAF 20)". I know some minis have already sponsors, and some of them are looking to get one, so ISAF-20 may become a too tough of a rule for the class... so, my homework is to ask:

What sponsorship/advertisement limitations (if any) would we accept?  ('we' as in 'NA-Mini Class', I promise I'll join in 2010 ;-) ).

As I still have 'white sails' (they are kind of dark, actually) on 714 I'll be hopefully joining them for as many races as I can... until, of course, somebody shows up at my door (or marina) with a nice check and some nice stickers... ;-)

Any thoughts?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: