Mini Class NA Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 04:08:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2456 Posts in 366 Topics by 205 Members
Latest Member: robert suhay
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Mini Class NA Forum
|-+  General Category
| |-+  2009 - Mini Transat
| | |-+  Four North American DSQ's
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Four North American DSQ's  (Read 3842 times)
Adrian

View Profile WWW
« on: November 03, 2008, 01:35:57 PM »

We now have 4 North American official DSQs for the 2009 MT: Craig has now received his DSQ.
The list is now:
Jesse & Ryan with protos,
Craig & Nathan with Series, both Zeros.

I think the entrants must still meet the usual qualifier requirement AND race mileages to guarantee that they will be on the line. 
But the DSQs mean they are on the official list to compete for the mileages required.

This will be the largest number of NA entrants ever to enter the race.

john2112

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 04:19:32 PM »

Hopefully the 4 North American DCQ's will not be DSQ's
Adrian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 01:06:21 PM »

Yeah, There are times I do not know my C's from my Ss, Kindergarten was really painful.
john2112

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 05:08:04 PM »

Any new news out of Paris, since the boat show is going on there?
sausmusiii
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 08:55:49 AM »

Any new news out of Paris, since the boat show is going on there?

John,

Hopefully we will get a report from Fred Bousier, MCNA Laison with Classe Mini, in the next week or so. He flew over for the meeting and vacation. He should be back next week.

Sam
Fred
Board Members

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 06:23:26 AM »

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay, had a busy time in France and no time to put my notes together...
Sow the new D2 and Nacira at the boat show, those boats are hot.
Attached is the summing up of the "2008 Classe Mini General assembly".

Cheers
Fred
jsharkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 08:38:38 AM »

Awesome.  Thanks for doing this Fred!
john2112

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 09:10:35 AM »

Agreed, thanks for doing this Fred!
Adrian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 12:21:45 PM »

Thanks Fred - Nice to have the info.
Maybe as an Assoc we ought to be encouraging boat owners to take out a Classe Mini membership, or for our Association to include an amount in our membership fee so that we might contribute a modest amount to Classe Mini annually.
Any thoughts on this Fred?
Fred
Board Members

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2008, 06:01:43 AM »

Adrian,
I personaly don't think this financial contribution to CM by MCNA would be good:
1) We (MCNA) are working with Classe Mini on developing the Class in NA, but we don't owe them anything for that matter
2) NA racers using CM services through participating to the European races are already requested to get their CM membership.
3) MCNA needs the little financial assets it owns and probably some more to develop the class here in NA

Now, if an individual NA wants to take a CM membership, I am sure it will be apreciated. I think benefits are: hard copy of the Classe Mini rule, General assembly report and newsletter (new in 2009)

In term of working with CM, we have fairly good channels of comunication, eather individually (NA racers have been comunicating regularly in English with CM's office), or throught MCNA as I have had very good and friendly com with their office and board ( I personaly know three of CM's board members, and they invited me as MCNA's rep to attend their Annual Assembly and had long and productive disscussions with them).
I would define MCNA's state of relation with CM as very good.
CM has the same kind of issues than MCNA; they are run by volunters who can only put so much time in it and therefore things can take time to be achieved.
Now it's up to us to build boats, buy boats, enter existing and create new races so as to develop the class here in NA. Classe Mini is whiling to help us achieve that goal.

Fred

john2112

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2008, 10:46:55 AM »

First iteration of the entry list is posted on the CM site:

http://www.classemini.com/index.php?preaction=joint&id_joint=117728
Adrian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2008, 12:18:17 PM »

Hi Fred,

Good points - especially about our own needs to get some cash in the NA Assoc. kitty.

The Classe Mini are being more responsive to Anglophones with translations & greater access through Skype, DCQ provisions etc, so I thought that a modest donation would indicate we appreciate those efforts and enable them to better afford the expenses of internationalization.

Thanks for working to help strengthen the NA class' connections.

Adrian
john2112

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2009, 05:10:24 PM »

Just noticed on the updated TransAt entry list that came out today that Nathan is listed as an annulation. Anyone know what the rest of the story is?
Adrian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2009, 10:34:02 AM »

Nathan is presently on his 1000 mile qualifier.  This post was sent to his supporters this morning - kids from the Boys & Girls Clubs of Canada - now the name of his boat.

Good Morning,

Alison spoke with Nathan early this morning.  Here is what she wrote.

"Nathan called an hour earlier than usual this morning, knowing that at 6:30 he could be navigating a tricky patch of water. 

The last 24 hours have been been very exciting on board The Boys and Girls Club of Canada.  Yesterday, Nathan surfed all day, riding the swells with two reefs in the main and one reef in the jib.  His description of the day: AWESOME!  Last night brought about big wind and big seas.  Nathan reported waves as high as a two story house, the biggest he has ever seen in his life.  The challenge of sailing in these conditions is increased at night because often you don't see the waves until they are upon you.  More than once last night, Nathan was caught by a huge wave in the aft-quarter which swamped the entire cockpit knocking Nathan off his feet.  Fortunately, the water drained away very quickly.  Nathan has "clipped in" in these conditions which means that he is tethered to the boat to prevent him from being knocked overboard in these extreme conditions.

This morning the winds had died down a little and were closer to 20 kts/hour than the 25-35 kts/hour that he has been experiencing.

At this time, Nathan thinks that he may arrive in Miami sometime on Friday but it is to soon to say for sure."

john2112

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2009, 11:42:46 AM »

Adrian,
So I take it that there is nothing on Nathan's page about him being dropped from the TransAt registrations? Seems like a strange bit of timing with him being out doing his 1000 mile qualifier if he's dropped out of the race that he needs the 1000 miles to enter?
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: